Saturday, November 24, 2007

Woohoo! I've Been Meme-d!

Got tagged for a little meme love by Ashley B over at There's a Mouse In My House. Thanks Ashley!


Here are the rules for this particular meme:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.



Since my life is filled with quirky randomness it was hard to pick just seven, but this is what I came up with.

1. I joke that I have binge eating disorder, but sometimes I really think it might be true. I ate a whole box of cookies in one sitting a few weeks ago. After eating a Schlotzky's sandwich. After I had already eaten dinner.
2. One of my biggest pet peeves is when girls leave sickeningly cute messages on their boyfriend's facebook wall. If you want to say "Thanks for bringing over the milkshake to cheer me up! Luv ya babes!" I really feel it is more appropriate through text message. Please don't be that girl.

3. I love the beach. I despise sand with all of my being.

4. I have yet to see The Notebook, which according to my roomates, girlfriends, and even some guys practically disqualifies me from being a member of the female gender.
5. In the third grade we had to dress up one day as what we wanted to be when we grew up. There were vets, firemen, teachers, and scientists. Me, the highly ambitious seven year old, dressed up as a waitress.

6. I really admire some people's ability to quote movies because I fail miserably at it. My roommate has acquired this incredible skill, and can see a movie once and practically go word for word from the best scenes. Somehow my brain just doesn't function that way. I really feel lame sometimes, not being able to jump in with the next line of a famous scene. Even my favorite movie that I have seen dozens of times, I botch the lines.

7. I have sweet blood. I must, because mosquitos love me. You think you get a lot of bug bites? I get eaten alive. However many bug bites the people around me get, I can count on having at least 58 percent more than them. As I type this I have four on my arms, two on my left shin and one on my back. It is the middle of November and I haven't been outside in the past week other than to walk to my car. I don't know how they do it but they just hunt me down.

Ok here goes my tagging...read some new blogs, I did!

My Daily Thoughts In Search of Self-Fulfillment, Walsho, Life of a Valley Girl, Stefanella's Drive Through, I Love The Beach, Chronicles of a Taurean Lady, and My Day Off

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

#6 is me! wooooo!

Earthy Emily said...

Hey there Lauren! I've done your tag. :)

Lauren Groblewski said...

Earthy Emily~
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

So I'm still home for thanksgiving and all I do is go out, watch movies, and this.

1) I'm right there with you binge eating thing. At the office I can have up to three lunches, then a snack, then dinner.

4) Disqualified you are.

5) That's fantastic.

6) You don't want to be that person that quotes every movie known to man, especially if they reuse the same lines.

7) I have you beat...I went to my friends cabin and came back with an innumerable amount of flea bites since her cabin was infested. The scars on my ankles and feet are awesome, but not really. California, from what I can tell, doesn't really have misquitos all that bad, you should check it out.

Lauren Groblewski said...

Deef~
California here I come!

Anonymous said...

watch the notebook already

Lauren Groblewski said...

a disgruntled friend~
I think I am going to try to hold out until I am forced to sit down and watch it.

Anonymous said...

Is that a milkshake or a "milkshake?" As in "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard."

Valley Girl said...

Hey, cool! Thanks for the linky! Btw, I think faces are overrated, too! Great pic!

And yeah, you really need to see the Notebook. =) I cry every time. Every time.

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the tag. Sorry it has taken so long to get to it, but if I swear loudly about websites and internet you will porbably get the drift! I am back now and doing the tag.

Anonymous said...

ps - the tag was for www.mydayoff.com.au.