Monday, November 26, 2007

To Pick My Nose or Sing on a Bus

If Challenge Master numero uno had her way, this is how I would look all week. Yep, her final challenge to me was to wear all my clothes inside out. It actually might have worked out well two weeks ago, when my laundry was accumulating in massive "clothes-drifts" in the corners of my room and I didn't have anything clean left to wear. That ketchup stain on the jeans is easily hidden when turned inside out.

As embarrassing as it might be to walk around looking like I got dressed in the dark, the second challenge was much worse. It was more of a competitive challenge, let's say. Me against the clock. Challenge Master #2 wanted to see if I could eat 53 of my own boogers in under 30 seconds (she tends to have the humor of a six-year-old at times). First of all, to think that I might have 53 little guys up there seems a bit of an insult to my hygiene (of course I was just considering wearing dirty laundry, hmm). Secondly, 30 seconds is pretty quick. Ever tried to eat six saltines in 60 seconds? Impossible I tell you, impossible. No way could I go under 30. Besides, Dustin Hoffman has resolved to give up nose picking. Maybe that would be a better challenge. Although some people do feel that nose picking is the cleanest and safest way to clear out your nostrils.



So the last challenge has got to be it right?

Yes, well public humiliation and ridicule really do not appeal to me. "Break into song on a crowded bus on your way to class. Encourage others to join." That was the last challenge. Umm, I put Mariah Carey to shame in the shower, I am better than Kelly Clarkson in my car, and there is no doubt in my mind that Aretha could have taken a few pointers in belting out the soul from me. Unfortunately everyone around me hears what I actually sound like, not the pristine voice I hear in my head. I really think the world would be better off left sans musical performance from this girl.

But wait! Does that mean no challenge? Well it is my final week, so I am putting the challenge quest out there to poll everyone and find out what YOU want me to do!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I challenge you to
A. write my 8 page paper due at 9am tomorrow (tuesday)
B. do my Personal Management Plan for my classroom due on Thursday
C. do my 15 day fully planned thematic unit due Monday by noon.
OOORRRRR
listen to gospel music the rest of the week. ;)

Lauren Groblewski said...

Caley~
Does it count if the gospel music is Christmas? I feel like that is all I have been hearing lately.

Anonymous said...

ok, comparing yourself to mariah carey and kelly clarkson is one thing, but aretha?...you went too far my friend. too far...

Anonymous said...

I like the public ridicule. I think your challenge masters should go to a thrift store and pick out five of the most ridiculous, over the top christmas sweaters. The ones with pom poms and yarn and all that other goofy stuff hanging off of them. You must wear one each day of the week.

Lauren Groblewski said...

anna~
yes, I admit, Aretha be a bit of a stretch...even in my mind.

lc~
My aunt once knitted me one with a reindeer on it. It had bells that actually jingled.

Anonymous said...

Just wear black tee shirts inside out, I did that with a few shirts in college. I didn't like the design and flipped em, don't know if anyone ever noticed. But you might want to have better jeans.

If you really want to challenge your character I say cheat, lie, and steal. Those are real character challenges, but why do those? What is wrong with your character? Everything unless tested and those are the real tests.

Lauren Groblewski said...

deef~
Well since I cheat, lie and steal on a regular basis I wanted to try something different.

Anonymous said...

stupid, you need to take a knife, place it between to heavy objects and do a flip onto said knife. repeat as necessary.