Monday, November 5, 2007

Ungrateful for the Challenge Masters

I think I got some half-hearted attempts at challenges this week.

I got two last night, one from a roommate and one from another roommate's boyfriend. Yep, that's right, it has come to pawning off their Masterly duties on significant others. I almost expect to get a phone call from someone's mom next week challenging me to make up my bed every morning (instant failure no doubt).

The boyfriend even made a point to call and harass me because they didn't get a thank you response. I told him it's because I thought they were weak challenges and I expected better. I didn't get anything better so here they are:
  • Smile at ten strangers a day and ask how their day is going.
  • Pinch myself every time I start to complain and be grateful for what I have.
  • Do not spend any money this week.

Bleh. I am not thrilled with any of those. Not that I should necessarily love my challenge, I just feel that the creative juices are perhaps running a bit low.

So I choose gratefulness. I guess I should start by being grateful that I even have these Challenge Masters at all (hopefully not for long).

And I won't complain. Even about crazy ex-boyfriends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never thought you had bad karma, maybe a bad personality, but I blame the parents. I am of course kidding about the personality, afterall, you were one of my favorites in athens.

Want a challenge? Call a different lost friend everyday this week and talk with them...facebook doesn't count and you have to talk with them.

Anonymous said...

I have an idea for your challenge. Call people back when they try to get in touch with you... hint hint. But don't ignore any phone calls or texts.

Lauren Groblewski said...

deef~
you really must get deeeper into the blog my friend...the ol' call a lost friend has been done! Are you sad you didn't get a call from me? I'm blaming it on the time change.

becca~
I will be the first to admit I am bad at returning calls/texts. But you of all people should know I am sleeping on Friday nights at 12:30 a.m. for Saturday morning practice!