Monday, October 29, 2007

Where's The Love?

I thought I was doing a decent job completing my challenges, testing my character, stockpiling good karma as I tried to make myself a better person.

I thought.

But it seems life is more willing to toss me additional challenges, rather than reward me with wonderful perks.

The past 48 hours have been particularly trying. Several personal and family friends were involved in the tragic fire in North Carolina, and I have been emotionally drained thinking and talking about them. (Video footage)

This comes on top of another unexpected death of a young friend I used to train with on my hometown swim team.

This is not to say I am not blessed and lucky. There are many great things in my world right now. I know life can be cruel and unfair as easily as it can be beautiful and forgiving, I just hope I get to see the latter characteristics sometime soon.

No comments: