Sunday, October 7, 2007

Grudges Be Gone

What would it be like in a world without grudges?

Would there be fewer religious wars, terrorist attacks, and murders of cheating spouses?

Would people be less stressed without carrying the angry weight of a past wrong?

Would the sun shine brighter, the grass be greener and the water taste sweeter?

OK maybe I've gone a little too far with that last one. Seriously though, I think if more people were less willing to hold onto bitterness and resentment they would find there are many more useful alternatives to put that extra energy towards. Mystic Eye says getting rid of those bad experiences leaves more room for the good ones.

This week that is what I tried to do. Granted I did not have a boyfriend-stealing best friend to have to forgive or an encounter with someone cheating off my paper then making a better grade than me, but as I went through the week I found things I could let go of easier.

According to my "Do You Hold A Grudge?" quiz on blogthings.com I don't hold on to bitterness too much.


You Don't Hold a Grudge
You're willing to give almost anyone a second chance, even if they've really wronged you.Incredibly forgiving and compassionate, you understand that people sometimes change for the better.


This challenge did not really give me any life-changing enlightening moments, but I will continue to try to be "incredibly forgiving and compassionate".

No comments: