Sunday, October 7, 2007

Rekindling the Flames

Two posts in one day! Lucky you!

I have just been handed the golden envelope of Week 3's challenges by Challenge Master number 3. Yes, it is a rather elaborate ceremony here, rivaling Flava Flav's clock handout on House of Love.

Anyway, I must pick my poison from...
  • Call a friend I haven't talked to in a while each day to find out how they are doing.
  • When having conversations with people really listen intently to what they are saying and don't tune them out.
  • Don't eat dessert or sweets for the whole week.

I have decided to try to rekindle the friendship flames that have perhaps died down over the weeks, months or years.

There are always people I miss talking to. As much as I would love to keep up with everyone's lives it is hard because I am always on the move and worrying about my friends here in the present. Then when I do finally talk to my old friends it is such a process, and a hassle and a long phone call, even though I am always glad I did it when it is over.

But the more I put it off the harder it becomes to get it done so this week I will buckle down and talk to my lost loves (in the platonic sense of the word) and find out who is getting engaged, who is failing out of school, who is moving to Europe when they graduate, and who is getting fat!

This should open some interesting doors.

Don't worry, I'll be the one getting fat since I can still eat dessert this week.

No comments: