Thursday, September 20, 2007

Who Doesn't Love a Good Challenge?

I have some interesting roomates. I consider all three of them some of my closest friends, and we tend to operate on a level all our own, oblivious to the norms of the outside world.



Without them, my days would have far fewer heated arguments over the banana-ripening abilities of plastic bags, not nearly as many late night stints at Wal-Mart searching for slip n' slide materials, and significantly less quotes from "She's The Man".



We tend to get bored/put off schoolwork easily, so to fill all that free time, developing games involving dares and pranks has become our forte.



When I was searching for ideas of what to write about in this blog, I asked if they would be willing to help me out and create challenges for me to attempt each week.



I decided instead of silly, useless activities we have dared each other in the past, like buying a guy at a bar a shot of water, I would try to do things that will challenge my character, make me a better person, improve my karma.



Starting this Sunday, I will pick one challenge out of the three that my roomates (aka the Challenge Masters, as they have dubbed themselves) offer and try to stick to it for a whole week.



Tune in here to read about all my successes, failures, frustrations and joys. I am 100% dedicated to these attempts, and it will be interesting to see what the three Challenge Masters come up with each week. I will write honestly about my experiences, but they will also be keeping tabs on me and are sure to let me know any slip ups I have.



After all, who doesn't love a good challenge?

2 comments:

Lindsey Loughman said...

Yea it sounds like fun. Good choice :)

Anonymous said...

i still think you should have one "super challenge" that extends throughout the entirety of this blog. and that challenge should obviously be to convince panda bears to mate in captivity. you have 27 wks, and i doubt there is anything that could be more personally rewarding. what are you waiting for?!?