Sunday, September 23, 2007

Let the Games Begin!

Well the Challenge Masters have been quite excited about this little undertaking of mine, and have even enlisted the help of a few other friends in coming up with challenges for me. It seems my fear that they would not have enough challenges for nine weeks in completely unfounded.

Here are the three choices for Week 1:
  • Do not spend any money for the week.
  • Do not say rude things about anyone behind their back.
  • Compliment every person you are engaged in conversation with.

I have chosen the second challenge, so for the next week I will attempt to not talk about anyone behind their back.

Now, I would just like to clarify that I do not consider myself a huge two-faced, trash-talking, mean-spirited gossip queen. I am pretty sure my friends do not either. However, I will not deny that there are times when something said would perhaps have been better left unsaid.

I think the hardest part about this challenge will be learning how to voice my frustrations or anger or dislike for someone either in a positive way, or not at all. Maybe holding my tongue will cause me to reevaluate what I was going to say, and why I was going to say it.

Will I feel left out if I don't rail on "that girl's outfit" when I am with my friends at lunch? How awkward will it be when the complaints from my classmates about our TA are met with silence from me? We shall see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's that Panda thing going? Isn't she soooo weird for putting that? Huh Lauren what do you think about our lil roomy? And for all readers of this blog know that i will challenge lauren to the best of my ability.

kelley jane said...

"I would just like to clarify that I do not consider myself a huge two-faced, trash-talking, mean-spirited gossip queen. I am pretty sure my friends do not either."


OH REALLY? hahaha

just kidding, you def like to gossip but its all in good fun:) like any other girl does

Anonymous said...

First of all, I really did believe that bananas would ripen in a plastic bag. I admit my mistake. I guess I should have stuck with the tried and true method. Second, I agree that the panda thing is weird...maybe her sickness is affecting her brain. Anyway, I'm glad that I can help out LG with her work while procrastinating wholeheartedly on my own...it should be a fun semester.