Monday, October 22, 2007

No Room for Meandering on My Sidewalk

I can't walk behind slow people.

I have long legs, tend to walk with an assertive stride, and rarely do I meander. When I am stuck behind people who don't share my walking characteristics I get impatient and antsy, and sometimes feel claustrophobic. These feelings tend to morph into rudeness, as I break a conversation between two strolling companions just so I can get by.

Surely they heard my quickly approaching footsteps followed by shuffling of my feet, as I try to maneuver my way around them?

Why can't they just get out of my way? I have important things to do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren I think I am your destined walking partner! I hate walking with other people around; they're always in my way! At least your kind enough to realize that you're rude...i just blame them for my actions.

Lauren Groblewski said...

lc~
We should walk together sometime, through wide open spaces with no one in our way.